Basic Terms and Conditions
1. Research project involves at least one company pairing with at least one university.
2. At least one of the universities involved must be located in Malaysia.
3. Companies involved must be registered in Malaysia.
4. Companies involved must not be owned by the university.
5. Either project lead or principal investigator must be Malaysian citizen. In the event the project lead and principal investigator is the same person, he/she must be Malaysian citizen.
6. Full-time post-graduate student researchers and full-time post-doctorate researchers whose tuition fees and/or allowance are paid by CREST R&D Grant must be Malaysian citizen.
7. Students involved in the research project (regardless of whether allowance/tuition fee is paid by CREST Grant) shall not be the project lead.
8. Approved funded research duration corresponds to research scope. Maximum approved duration is not more than 3 years.
9. Company contribution is at least 50% of total research project budget.
10. Any equipment and software purchased under CREST R&D Grant is owned by CREST.
11. Each approved research project is obligated to meet stated deliverable obligation.
12. Project funded by CREST R&D Grant must not share any of its deliverables to meet other grant obligation (except for university’s contribution for student allowance).
13. CREST R&D Grant will be awarded to members of CREST only. Find out how to be a member here.